Do you want to join the Streetbank team?
Would you like the challenge of helping to scale Streetbank - a pioneering website that helps people to connect with their neighbourhood and save money, and which is good for the environment?
We’re currently recruiting for a Communities Coordinator Intern to join our small, friendly team, so if you think that could be you and want to find out more, please read on...
In every neighbourhood around the world, there are things (eg tools, garden equipment, furniture) that are underused or no longer wanted. Through sharing, resources are unlocked and neighbours are connected.
Streetbank makes it easy to share things with your neighbours. It has grown to be the biggest neighbourhood sharing website in the UK with over 38,000 members and is rated by The Times as one of the 50 websites you can’t live without.
We’re currently seeking a high-performing intern to join our small London-based team during an exciting period in the project’s growth.
Working two to three days per week for a minimum of four months, you will gain an insight into a fast-growing social enterprise at the forefront of the sharing economy. You will gain a wide set of experiences across marketing and comms, project management and social media. Critically, you will also develop skills in the emerging discipline of communities management.
Specific responsibilities will include managing the “Champion scheme”, providing support at events, writing social media posts and helping develop new marketing materials.
The ideal person
· Will have the confidence to identify an opportunity, work out what needs to be done and have the determination to do it
· Will have strong relationship-building skills capable of quickly winning the trust and the confidence of people at all levels
· Will be highly organised with a good attention to detail
· Have a flair for writing, and ideally a knack for engaging audiences via social media
· Is interested in sharing, community and the environment
· May have some experience using design packages such as InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
What does success look like?
- A tangible difference is made to the neighbourhoods of our target areas and this difference is picked up in the media.
- You have to field calls from big web brands wanting you to join their teams but you decline because you are having so much fun.
To apply, please send your CV and a one-page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd May 2014. Interviews will be held at our offices in SW6 the week beginning 9th June.
Please help us grow by sharing with your friends